Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Gratitude

I drove past a marquee yesterday that said, "Gratitude is what makes what you have enough".

I should really practice more gratitude - and not just because it's Thanksgiving, but all year long, for the rest of my days.

I'm not famous but most people aren't.  All things considered I've had a pretty good life:

  • I've never had to go to bed hungry 
  • I've always had a bed to sleep in under a roof and a warm blanket
  • I didn't have to fight for my education
  • I've had some jobs I've really enjoyed
  • I've been blessed with three kids that are all amazing in amazingly unique ways
  • I've enjoyed the comforts of television, technology and transportation
  • I've traveled and made friends around the world
  • I'm free to worship as I choose
And these are just the basics.  I could make an endless list.  
I can see the wisdom in the eight words on the marquee.
If I focus my time and thoughts on being thankful for what I've already lived, I might not freak out so much about what I'll miss if my life ends on July 12, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment