Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Angels Watching Over Me?

I was listening to my iPod a few weeks ago and heard Amy Grant's "Angels Watching Over Me".  I got on one of those mind trains that kept rolling over shaky bridges.  Like if God has angels watching over us and protecting us - why?  Doesn't He have our whole life planned already?  So why would we need protecting from His plan?  I know we need to pray and thank Him and ask for things - but I was getting really jumbled on the protection part.  I know we have free will, but even so - God knows what we are going to choose.  So He can plan ahead - He can either let us suffer the consequences of our free will, or He can rescue us and protect us from that consequence.  Does He employ angels to protect us because He's too busy?  No - He's God, all knowing, all powerful.

A couple of nights ago at book club we were discussing William Paul Young's "Crossroads" and one of the other ladies started down the same path.

So glad I'm not the only one who gets jumbled up by this.  Maybe Amy Grant (or whoever wrote her song) was just as jumbled.  Just because it's in a song, doesn't mean that's the way it is - I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment