Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The History of my Dreams

Since the mid-1990s I've been having prophetic dreams from time to time.  This has led me to do some reading about dreams and, combined with my life long Christian faith, I have come to believe that God speaks to me on occasion through my dreams.

There have been many dreams throughout the years - below are some of the most memorable.  My kids have heard enough that they are now believers and sometimes call me up to tell me about their dreams and ask what I think it means. 

What I've learned from my reading is that dream interpretation is very personal.  There are some general symbols that are common throughout.  But, I can't interpret your dream for you, I can only guide you in discovering your own interpretation.

But I'm not starting this blog to interpret dreams.  I'm starting this blog to help me work through the thoughts and feelings I have and will have in the next few years because of a dream I had on Christmas Eve, 2013 (to be posted in my next post). 
Highlilghts of my Dream History

The first time, I dreamt that I was saying goodbye to an old friend in an airport.  I spent several days very worried about that friend.  Turns out a few days later my host-father in Brasil passed away. 

Since then I have read that it is typical to have a specific messenger, someone that God knows you trust, to bring the difficult messages.  So, when I have a dream that involves that friend that I trust (always the same person), I know I better pay attention.  But I also understand that whatever will happen, the messenger is safe.

Some years later I worked in a large office and telecommuted 3 days a week.  So, I only went to the office on Monday and Thursday.  On Wednesday night I dreamt that I was out to lunch with my co-workers and one of them was not using his left arm.  I had no way of knowing, until I arrived at work the next day, that two of my co-workers had gone mountain biking the evening before and one of them broke his left shoulder (yes, the same one who wasn't using it in my dream). 

I've always thought that my host-mother in Brazil resembles one of my in-laws.  One night I dreamt that my host-mother was laying on a round bed, all covered in white satin.  A few hours the in-law called my husband and said she wasn't feeling well.  I  told my husband to tell her to not fluff it off.  As it turned out she went to the doctor and had a heart attack and survived!

In May of 2012 I dreamt that I was saying goodbye to the messenger in front of an airplane.  He made a point to tell me, three times, that it was only goodbye for a little while but he would be back in November.  A few days later my mom had blood pressure issues and was in the hospital briefly and recovered.  You can imagine I was on pins and needles all of November.  Shortly before Thanksgiving, a very close family friend died suddenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment