Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Recently I was driving my eight year old to school and the song "I Can Only Imagine" came on the radio.  Being 8, he missed the song in its heyday so it occurred to me that he might not be aware of what a beautiful song it is.  So I called his attention to it and explained the premise - the singer is imagining what Heaven will be like.  I asked my son what he thought Heaven would be like, to which he replied that he is much younger than me so he won't be going to Heaven for a long time and doesn't need to think about it right now.

Of course, I have enough life experience to know that one never knows how much time they have - but try telling that to an optimistic eight year old.  Or maybe, don't - eight year olds really shouldn't have to think about such things anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment