Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A New Car

My car is six years old and has over 115,000 miles on it and counting.  I drive a lot!  The car has been well cared for and I haven't had a lick of trouble with it.  It was never even wrecked until just a few days ago when I had a very minor fender ding (so annoying - there goes my trade in value if I do trade in).  With all the bigger vehicles on the road though, I feel like I would enjoy something bigger so I didn't feel so undersized when I drive around.  I've test driven a couple of things.  IF I get a new vehicle I want to take my time and not rush it.  But part of me says, why bother, I could probably squeeze three more years out of my Honda.  Not buying a car would leave a little more money for my kids to inherit.  Or to pay future medical bills.

Would you buy a new car (a family car - not a dream car) if you new for certain you only had 3 days to live?  Or 3 months?  Or 3 years?  Where is the reasonable cut off?  Is it possible to be a martyr in this regard?  Should I sacrifice or should I enjoy the potential last 3 years of driving?

No comments:

Post a Comment