Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Allow the Blessing

     I'm not much of a gambler but it occurs to me that July 12, 2017 will be a Wednesday - maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.  If that's the day that is going to change my life drastically - why not spend $1 or maybe $5.  If I do die that day - I won't miss the money.  And if something catastrophic or financially horrific happens, then an extra dollar or five on its own probably won't make much difference.

     But I have heard several times in the past few years that we shouldn't shut ourselves off to the opportunity of God's blessing.  My mom once told me a joke about a guy who was sitting on a rooftop with floodwater all around, praying to God to be rescued.  Someone came by in a canoe and called out to him to get in and he said no thanks, God's going to rescue me.  Then someone came by on a jet ski and called out to him but he waved them on.  Finally a helicopter came and lowered a rope but he told them was waiting on God to rescue him.  SO the guy died and went up to Heaven and he asked God why he didn't rescue him.  God said, "What do you mean?  I sent you a canoe, a jet ski and a helicopter."
Point being - don't be picky or wait for your expectation.  Be open to new ideas and whatever God has in mind.

So if God wants to bless me with a lottery win - I'd better at least buy a ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment