Wednesday, November 23, 2016

A New Song

Oddly, the day that I wrote the post about the song "How to Save a Life" I heard the song on the radio on the way home from work.  A few tear drops leaked out of my eyes but only two ran down my face.  The next day, on my way to work, I heard the song again and had absolutely no reaction.  I also heard "Seasons in the Sun", which I have previously posted about, and that one really got me crying.  Maybe it has replaced "How to Save a Life" as my emotional trigger.

It makes sense.  "How to Save a Life" was a trigger because of the suicide of my first husband in 2000.  So 16 years later I've made enough emotional progress beyond that event that I don't cry that easily.  Now I've moved on to a new emotional trigger - the thought of leaving my children behind when I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment