Wednesday, September 28, 2016

The Languages of Heaven

Last night as I lay down before sleep and used the quiet time to talk to God I had three different languages running through my head.  Since I started a new job six weeks ago in which I speak and hear a lot more Spanish than I usually do I often hear the voice in my head that internally expresses my thoughts speaking to me in Spanish, in addition to the Portuguese and English that are always there.  Sometimes I worry that I will accidentally speak Spanish at home, where others don't speak it.  But I reflected last night in my quiet time that it doesn't matter to God because He understands it all, plus over 200 other languages and even the silent language that is not spoken but just wished and daydreamed and hoped.

I think it will be cool when I get to Heaven and can understand all the languages too.  I've read a book and seen a show that portray it as if somebody would speak to me in Heaven using, say, Swahili and I would hear it in English.  But I hope it's not.  I hope I hear the actual Swahili and understand it perfectly.  Or maybe there is one whole other language reserved only for Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment