Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Ominous Dreams

After spending the last five years working in a small town east of my home, two years for one school district and three for another that I very much loved, I am now working for a different district in a small town to the west of my home.  I made the change in the hopes that it will lead to career advancement by expanding my network and opening the door to a teaching position that I've been seeking for the last 18 months, to no avail.

A couple weeks before school started I had a few dreams that indicated that I would have some sort of problem in my new district.  So much so that I joined a teacher's association, similar to a union, just for an extra layer of protection.  School started, dreams stopped, so far - so good.

Last night I dreamed that my special messenger abandoned me.  (See The History of My Dreams link at top right for reference.)  Surprisingly I'm not as upset by the dream as I would think I would be.  Because this messenger is not a part of my daily life, I've often wondered how I would know if death finds them before me.  I believe it is just something I will know, something I will feel internally, corporally.  Today I woke up at peace.  Unlike when my host-dad died in Brasil, I felt it coming for days.  For days I was dreading and worrying and knew that something wasn't right.  He died suddenly of a heart attack but from a continent away I seemed to have sensed it coming.  That was the first time I noticed a prophetic dream.

So last night's dream is concerning but not bothersome.  I almost feel a sense of relief, ALMOST.  I've known for almost three years that something is coming.  It's like hearing the weather forecast a storm and later you see the wind start to pick up and the sky grow dark.  It's confirmation of my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment