Tuesday, September 13, 2016

My Last Birthday

My birthday is at the end of September.  This could be the last birthday I ever have!  I suppose anyone could say that since tomorrow is never a guarantee.  Most people don't have prophetic dreams that lead them to believe they know when they will die.  But I did.  And so I consider the very real possibility . . .  how do I want to spend my birthday?

My son the musician is playing a show the night before.  He plays a lot of shows - I go to very few of them.  So I will go to this show.  And next year, if I'm not here, he'll remember me on my birthday and think how nice it was that I was at his show.  (With my attendance record it might be the last show I attend, as well.)

Recently I read that the Brazilian restaurant now offers Sunday brunch and it is a bit more economical than their dinner package.  My daughter and I have birthdays four days apart.  I hope we can have a mother/daughter brunch there this year.  Usually we get together near our birthday and do something or other but I hope a special brunch will make an extra special memory for her too.

And for my husband and youngest child still at home?  Well, we make special memories every day.  My husband is not much on celebratng birthdays so typically I just pick up my favorite pizza and a DVD.  This year my fifth grader wants to go to a kids event that falls on my birthday so maybe I can convince my husband to take me to  real movie.  A real movie will surely be nice but not so much about creating a special memory as just a convenience while the kid is at the event instead of the usual grocery shoppong that I do while I wait for the kid.  I suppose it might somehow be a nice memory for me when I'm on my death bed.  I'll definitely want to pick a light-hearted movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment