Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sore Shoulders and Blue Paint

The week before school started was very busy in the Technology department.  We moved a lot of equipment around between campuses and worked some long days.  By Friday night when I got home I had such a knot in the muscles around my left shoulder blade that 600mg of Ibuprofen provided no relief.  I really needed a good massage but there was no one at home to do that for me.  So as I got in bed I prayed for relief and I went to sleep fully expecting that this pain would be with me for a few days.

During the night I dreamed that blue paint was poured or spilled on my shoulder.  When I awoke my first thought was to consult my dream dictionary but I decided to just use my own intuition as a guide.  I thought about what the color blue symbolizes to me:  peace, tranquility.  I thought about what paint symbolizes to me:  a new start, something fresh and restored.

When I got out of bed I was pleasantly surprised to find that my muscle was restored and I was pain free.  I feel like it was at that moment in my dream when the blue paint was poured on my shoulder that God was reaching down and answering my prayer and healing my shoulder.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment