Thursday, August 21, 2014

Making Memories

I work for a school district so I'm off for the summer.  So is my youngest child.  But not my husband.  In fact, he is busier at work this summer than he has been in a long time.  Even though he is his own boss - he won't schedule time off.  We have weekends together - if he's not too tired or working extra to get caught up.  But we're not taking a family vacation this summer.   I try not to complain because I know that there will be other times when he won't have work so it's important to get the income while it is available.  But part of me thinks - even the president takes time off to be with his family.  We're not going to get these summers back.  Life is finite.  And the best thing we can leave behind for those we love is good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment