Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What to do on THE DAY

What will I do on July 12, 2017?  Assuming I'm healthy and life is as I know it today, how will I spend my potential last day?  If it were tomorrow I would plan to meet my older 2 children for lunch, someplace reasonable because if I survive the day I don't want to totally blow my diet or pocketbook. And if I don't survive then I'll be feasting on everything in Heaven from then on out so how could anything on earth possibly taste so sweet?  And why blow big bucks on sonething temporary instead of leaving a few extra dollars for my kids to inherit and buy something lasting?

After lunch I want to go home and play games with my little boy, who will be 11 then.  After a couple games I want to pop popcorn, crack open our favorite soda, and cuddle up on the sofa for a movie.

After my husband is done working we'll have a quiet dinner at home, maybe one of my favorites - Amercanized Beazilian Feijoada.  Maybe splurge a little on dessert - even though it will be Wednesday and we usually save desserts for weekends.  Then just sit quietly together and watch some TV or read.  Usually on summer nights we swim after dinner but it's not my favorite thing to do although by then the little one will be able to touch the bottom so maybe it will be more fun.

Then if it is my date of expiration I can just slip away quietly in my sleep.

And if it's not, then I'll celebrate big the next day.

Even if I had free theme park tickets, my frugal self might want to use them on the 12th before they go to waste but deep down I know those days are draining and I'd rather spend my last hours relaxed and really tuned in to each other.  If I survive we can go to the theme park the next day and celebrate. And if I don't then they can go without me and cheer themselves up with the temporary distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment