Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Could it be the End of the World?

My older son texted me one day to call him one morning if I was available before he went to work.  I thought he wanted to continue the college discussion we'd been having the day before.  But he said he'd awoken early and been doing some thinking and wondered if maybe my mystery date is the day the world will end.  Or, the beginning of the end

While we've both grown up in the church his understanding of the book of Revelation is much greater than mine.  But we've both read the Left Behind series and while fully aware that it is fictionalized it is at least a frame of reference.

So am I trying to say that God has suddenly chosen me as a prophet?  Little old me without a platform to speak from except this blog?  Seems unlikely - huh?  But this is God we are talking about.  The same God who chose young little inexperienced Mary to be the mother of the Savior of the World.

So, why not me?  If God wants to expand the platform, He can do that.  It crossed my mind the other day when I tried to call KLOVE to comment on the football player who said God told him to leave the draft.  As the phone was ringing and ringing I thought that if God really wanted to draw attention to this message - the phone would be answered.  But, it wasn't.  So either He doesn't or it's just not the right time.  I'm not really going to worry about it unless I have a clear direction from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment