Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Authorship

Righteous, My Deliverer, Good Shepherd, Jehovah, King - these are just a few of the over 900 names of God.    Lately I've come up with one of my own and I really like it.  Every night when I pray, in order to keep myself from just rattling off a laundry list of my wants, I remember the acronym ACTS and first Adore God, then Confess my sins, then give Thanks, then Supplication.  Sometimes I draw a blank on the Adoration part but one day I came up with God being the Author of the Universe.

Being a writer myself I really liked the idea.  Last night I even thought about how
  • God erases our sins. 
  • He knows all the grammar rules and edits to be made.
  • He already knows the ending to our story.
If you are having inter-personal / relationship struggles, God can write your name on their heart.
If you are looking for a job, God can write your name on the employee roster.
Whatever blanks you have in your life - God can fill them in.

This idea goes along with something I heard on Joel Osteen radio yesterday - as our life plays out and we lose a loved one too soon (so we think).  God is not sitting up there going, "Whoops, I didn't mean for that person to die today." God is not surprised by anything that happens down here.  He already knows how its going to work out.  He already knows the ending to our story and it is exactly how he planned it.  Whether we take the right fork or the left fork - it all leads to the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment