Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What will Heaven be like?

Surely throughout my life I have heard many ideas about what Heaven will be like.  Streets paved with gold, a mansion, "a big, big house with lots and lots of rooms and a big, big table with lots and lots of food" (Audio Adrenaline).

The other day in church the priest was saying that people often ask if they will recognize their loved ones because they worry about not being able to reconnect with someone who has already died.  That led me to wonder - what if that little baby that was the twin to my youngest but didn't continue to mature, what if it recognizes me and I don't remember it?

But the image of Heaven that I like most of all is like at the end of Titanic when Rose (Kate Winslet) goes up the stairs and Jack's (Leonardo DiCaprio's) hand reaches out to her.  That's the kind of welcome I'm looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment