Thursday, May 1, 2014

Watching Cancer

Someone I work with has cancer - again.  She left yesterday for a medical leave.  She has a really great attitude.  She said it's just something annoying she has to go deal with and she'll be back.  I really think she will.  And as I watch her valiantly tell the staff and others, I just can't imagine I could hold it together that well if it were me.  I think attitude makes a huge difference in battling a disease like cancer so just for that alone - I'm sure she will win the fight.  Maybe it's something that you just don't know until you're in it how you will respond.  Maybe if I ever do get cancer I'll be able to rise up and be strong - but I just don't think so.  Therefore, it still remains my biggest fear.  And right now my biggest prayer is for this strong lady to return to health.  Maybe I should also start praying for cures and prevention tactics.

No comments:

Post a Comment