Thursday, June 15, 2017

Still Pressing On

It's summer and once again I'm applying for teaching jobs.  Once again I'm feeling discouraged and bordering on depression because I get so few interviews for all the jobs I apply for and when I do get an interview I get so hopeful and, obviously, don't get the job.  My husband asks me why I keep applying if I'm going to die on July 12th anyway.

Sometimes I think that's the reason I don't get the job, it's divine intervention saving the school from having to find another teacher to fill the position.  But I have to keep applying; I have to keep believing that I'm not gonna die.  Because if I stop believing then I may as well be dead.  If I give up hope then something has died inside me.

My faith teaches me that God can do miracles but I have to do my part.  I can't just sit back and expect Him to do all the work.  I have to believe, I have to pray, I have to be obedient and spread the message of hope.

My mom used to tell a joke about a man who was in a flood and he was on the roof of the house and he prayed to God to rescue him.  A guy in a rowboat came by and offered to take him to safety but he said no, he was good, he was waiting for God.  A guy in a motorboat came by a while later and offered to take him to safety but he said no, he was waiting for a miracle.  Later a helicopter comes by and drops a ladder to rescue him but he wouldn't climb up because he was waiting for God to rescue him.  When he died and went to Heaven he asked God why He never came.  God said, "What do you mean, I sent a rowboat, a motorboat, and a helicopter - what more did you expect?"

No comments:

Post a Comment