Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Another Apathetic Holiday

Possibly my last Easter - didn't even dye an egg.  Barely got the basket filled - forgot the Pokemon cards.  Went to church but didn't even feel any joy - blamed it on the guest priest.  Made a lemon cake - not even bunny shaped nor trimmed with jelly beans.

I felt more excited to go grocery shopping on Monday than I felt about anything Friday to Sunday.  
What is wrong with me?  I've said it before - I should be pouring everything I have into these last holidays and instead I'm doing less than ever.  I don't feel like it is a conscious decision to do less, just not driven to do more.

I'd like to think that if I survive 7/12/17 I will be so grateful for every day afterwards.  But part of me knows I'm only kidding myself - if I can't even rise to the occasion of one last Easter why will anything be different on July 13th?

No comments:

Post a Comment