Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Ironic Hat

Over Spring Break I cleaned out the cabinet under the end table by my spot on the sofa.  I found an old knitting project from when I had been commissioned to make some shrugs for a little girl starting Kindergarten.  I think that girl is probably in 5th grade now.  I know I delivered a couple back then but I found one that was half done.  

I thought about completing it and putting it away for a future granddaughter so I started to see if I could pick up the pattern again.  It was a little more complicated of a pattern than I usually do and after a few rows it seemed like it would work out fine.  But it occurred to me I could easily convert it into a hat.  

I've made many simple beanies for my boys growing up but I've only made one hat for myself.  I really like the pattern and was excited about the hat.  As it turns out, it perfectly matches a fleece jacket I "inherited" from my mother.  

So it's March 28th, we've had high's in the '80s for the last several days, and I finished the hat tonight.  Which means it is unlikely I'll wear it before July 12, 2017.  Which means it is possible I will never wear this hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment