Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Generally Healthy

I think I take my health for granted.  Since I started working in schools five years ago, I can count on one hand the number of times I've been sick.  

I used to be sick more often.  Ten or fifteen years ago when I telecommuted I remember being often glad I worked from home so I could blow my nose and not have to worry about coughing on anyone.  I remember being sick on business trips.

I don't really know what was the catalyst for change.  Maybe less airplane travel?

There are ten women in my bookclub and it seems like any given month at least one of them are sick.  (I really don't think it is an excuse, I think it is a legitimate sickness.)

And just recently someone I thought was healthy had a heart problem, someone else who seemed like she would outrun anything that came her way got cancer for the second time - this time in the colon, and a couple other distant relatives were hospitalized for some reason or other.

Yet I walk around with nary a sniffle but a nagging feeling that I will die of some illness on 7/12/17.

No comments:

Post a Comment