Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Stirring Up My Thoughts

Yesterday I was making barbeque sauce from scratch.  I enjoy cooking and baking.  I think it is another creative outlet for me.  I'm not a total flower-child artist type but creating things through writing, knitting, sewing, cooking, or some similar format gives me a big sense of accomplishment.  I'm also trying to move ever closer to "clean" eating so making things from scratch is essential.  

But every now and then, when I am stirring something that just seems like it will never reach the boiling point, I wonder if it is all worth it.  Would I enjoy life more if I just stuck my head in the sand and ingested a steady diet of high fructose corn syrup?  To borrow a phrase I've heard but never directed at anyone, "fat, dumb and happy" - should I try life that way?  

I can't unknow what I know and I know that would lead to health problems and suffering and early death which I definitely don't want.  So I'll keep on stirring...

No comments:

Post a Comment