Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Next Christmas Might be the Last Christmas

If 7/12/17 is my expiration date, then Christmas 2016 will be my last Christmas.  How will I spend it?

This Christmas I have been in a nostalgic mood, commemorating the 15th anniversary of spending Christmas vacation in Brasil, reliving the memories with family and friends through Facebook.
Next Christmas I think I might go UNPLUGGED.

I started holiday baking on Thanksgiving weekend and didn't make anything traditional this year but instead made things with the recipient in mind.  Next year I want to dig out the old family recipes and make things for us to enjoy.

Last Christmas we had hot chocolate / cuddle / reading time every day.  Last Christmas we worked a jigsaw puzzle.  Last Christmas we had a train around our tree.  I want to do those again next year.  And watch a Christmas movie every day.  

This Christmas we spent the obligatory amount of time at the in-laws.  Next Christmas I'd love to go away to somewhere snowy so we really have a reason to do all that cuddling.  But I'd also like to put the car keys in the freezer and go nowhere.  But I'd also like to go to all the Christmas activities (like the North Pole Village without the puking, see carolers on the river barges, go to a Christmas parade).

I want it to be MAGICAL.  My youngest will be 11 and he might still believe in Santa.  He will be in fifth grade so I can't imagine getting much more Santa beyond that.  If next Christmas is his last Christmas with his mother, I want to pack every last childhood fantasy Christmas moment into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment