Tuesday, November 10, 2015

What Are My Goals

So, as I posted last week, if I'm just supposed to get shaken into action towards what I really want - I need to figure out what that is.  The biggest what if that comes to mind is what if what I want now and start working towards isn't what I'm going to want in 18 months?

But, now is all I've got to work with, so what I want:

1.  To get hired as a teacher
2.  To lose weight
3.  To publish a book

If I focus on those things though, then I'm not going to make as much progress cleaning out closets, weeding out possessions and eventually updating my will and catching up on scrapbooking which is what I would feel like I should be doing if I only had 18 months left.  Because what good would it do to work as a teacher for a year at my ideal weight but leave a mess behind when I die.

And these are only my practical wants that I feel like I have some control over.

I'm not even putting on the short list the things like family peace and unity.

Or the impractical wants like going to the Olympics in Rio (as a spectator).

No comments:

Post a Comment