Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Better Get Started

My middle child is a musician.  This weekend he released a new single and I am so excited for him because I think it's the best song he's ever made and I could totally imagine hearing it on the radio right in between Nick Jonas and Taylor Swift.  Want to hear for yourself - listen to So Glad It's You .

So I was imagining the other day that when he becomes really famous and writes a memoir I can be his editor.  Or maybe I'll just write his biography.  Then I started thinking about the 7/12/17 date that looms ahead of me.  I don't know if I can do both things.  Even if I started now, the book would only be about the first portion of his life.  I won't know what comes after if I expire in 2+ years.  Heck, I'll be lucky to get my own first novel completed by then.

I heard Joel Osteen the other day on the radio saying something along the lines of not giving up too early.  To let God know that you're not done working down here so that he will give you health and longevity until you are in your 90s, then you can be done.  An interesting concept and certainly worth a try - but I'm not sure it works that way.

I guess we'll find out:  Lord, give me lots of time - so I can work on Jacob Andrew's biography or memoir when he's in his 50s and I'm in my 70s.  And I'll write lots of other things for you too, Lord.  And do other work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment