Wednesday, April 9, 2014

If I Live That Long

My husband and I reached our tenth wedding anniversary this year.  At our church, once a month they call up the people who are having birthdays or anniversaries in the month and say a special blessing for them.  My husband does not like a lot of attention though so we never go up.  I had hoped maybe since it was our tenth he would agree to go up but he did not.  After church he said we'd go up for our fiftieth.  So I told him we had a date in forty more years but a little voice at the back of my head laughed at myself and I realized how silly it sounded to think that I was going to live another forty years.

This thought pops into my head at other times too.  Is it a form of self-protection?  Or a realistic reminder of what my subconcious knows is yet to come?

No comments:

Post a Comment