Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Follow Dreams When You Are Young

My 20 year old son wants to be a musician.  He's got the heart of an artist and little by little he is making his way in the music world - in addition to his day job, and his evening job. Currently he's promoting his first CD.

My mother always joked about how horrible it would be if a child wanted to grow up to be a musician.

Not me - when I'm shopping in WalMart listening to my iPod and one of my son's songs comes on - I imagine how I would feel if it was on the Muzak over the whole store.  I think I would stop other shoppers and tell them that was my son.

But overall, whether he makes it or he doesn't, I'm so glad he is trying now to achieve his dreams while he is young.  I wish I had had his courage when I was that age.  I've known since I was 12 I wanted to be a writer.  And what do I have to show for that dream?

Live your life with no regrets - try everything and even if you fail, at least you'll have the success of having tried and not the eternal wondering of "what if I had tried".


No comments:

Post a Comment