Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Peace of Mind

I'm a glass half full type of person.  But this date looming in my future can be rather unsettling.  There are so many arguments on both sides of the knowing and not knowing.  A date like this is something some people might think they want to know, until you do - and then you can't unknow it and it messes with your head.

I think it is human nature, no matter how much one has accomplished, to think that there is more they want to do.  We forget that in the next world there will be no guilty feeling over what we left undone.

Sometimes, though, I can find comfort in knowing thus date.  Last week I didn't feel well one evening.  As I sat on the sofa and wondered if all my symptoms added up to anything I could relax a bit knowing that whatever I was feeling - it wasn't going to kill me.  At least not yet.  Or narrowly missing a traffic accident.  At least I know if I do get in a wreck it won't be fatal.  Not immediately anyway.  It may be the start of the journey I'm still waiting for - but it won't be the immediate end since I still need to be here on July 12, 2017.

At least I think I do.  Maybe I will have a fatal accident and that is the date my family will finally get justice by seeing the cause of the accident get sentenced.

See how it messes with your head!


No comments:

Post a Comment