Thursday, July 12, 2018

71218 (One year later)

On this date one year ago I thought it would be my last day on earth.  It wasn't.  Every day since then I have thanked God for one more day.

Last year on my potential last day I made a point to have a nice lunch with my two oldest children.  We agreed then that if I continued living we'd make it an annual tradition.  So today we got together again (we have seen each other several times in the intervening year) and had a nice lunch date.

Of course, every day we are alive we should celebrate but sadly, most people don't.  While I have been grateful for each day I haven't been grateful for each moment of the day.  I've vented my share of frustrations and had moments I wish I could re-do.  I haven't used my extra time to make any lasting earthly contributions that I'm aware of - but I've continue to learn and grow and try.

And I'll continue to thank God for every day until the day I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment