Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Letter Writing

I've had a few thoughts lately about getting started writing letters to be delivered after my death.  It's been a vague idea at the back of my head for the last couple of years; but now, as that magical date gets nearer it feels a bit more pressing.  

I've thought about who I would ask to deliver them.  I think it would be unfair to ask my daughter or even a close friend.  So I think I'll do something like in the movies, leave them with a lawyer.  Of course, that implies that I have a lawyer.  That has also been on my list of things to do.  I envisioned taking care of that in January but that didn't happen so I figured Spring Break but as we don't have an appointment set up or even a lawyer identified, that's not looking too good either.  We really do need to update our wills, in any case, because the peoole we deemd to take care of our child afe no longer fit to do so.  The hold up is agreeing on a suitable person to name instead.

But as for the letters.  I imagine writing them will be very emotional for me.  So I feel like I should set aside a time when I can be by myself.  I thought of taking an afternoon and going to Starbucks but I'd probably wind up with tears running down my face so that wouldn't be good.  I thought of at least jotting down ideas during a break at work but, again, worry that I would get too emotional.  Which means letters will probably be yet another thing that I don't get done,  At the very least I hope my children will read this blog after I'm gone and know how much I thought of them and agonized over leaving them.  (See, already getting tears in my eyes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment