Monday, January 18, 2016

Taking Stock of Stocking Up

I might have mentioned before that I like to coupon.  I'm not "extreme", but I do have a stockpile in my closet - mainly toothbrushes and razors.  Suffice it to say - I have a hard time passing up a good deal.  (Good deal meaning practically free.)  

In everything I buy I look for the best value.  I use those little yellow price per ounce squares on the shelf tags.  

The other day I was at Costco buying vitamins.  The 500 count bottle was the best buy and I plan to take vitamins for the rest of my life.  A quick estimation though led me to realize there are (as of today) about 545 - 550 days until 7/12/17.  Wow!  That's pushing it.  Because maybe once a week I forget to take the vitamin, so I will probably use up the bottle.  But I'll have to keep this potential expiration date in mind for any future purchases.  

No comments:

Post a Comment