Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Today's Not the Day

On a recent trip to Six Flags I got in line to ride a roller coaster but then decided I was short of breath so I just stood aside and waited as my husband and youngest son rode (twice).  Although I'm not a fan of roller coasters, I'd ridden this coaster before and remembered it to be enjoyable so it wasn't fear of the ride holding me back.  It was simply the feeling of being slightly short of breath combined with the knowledge that I have a minor heart condition that was found during a recent physical but for which I have not yet seen the cardiologist.  Yet as I stood there waiting it occurred to me that it is not July 12, 2017 so obviously I would survive the ride.  I suppose I might stroke-out and wind up in a non-productive state until I ultimately die on July 12, 2017 but I try not to dwell on that too much as I am hoping for a quick and painless death.  I rode the coaster later in the afternoon and, obviously, I survived.  Although it wasn't as enjoyable as I remembered (from 11 years prior) it was still fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment