Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I'm a Wimp

I've said before that I'd rather lose a limb or a sense than have cancer.  Currently I'm recovering from a frozen shoulder.  It started during the night on a Wednesday night and I didn't get to the doctor to get a Cortisone shot until Monday afternoon.  Through several long, painful nights I have learned - I am not good with pain.

Maybe nobody is - it is PAIN after all.  Certainly cancer has its painful moments so I'm not rethinking my wish list.  Just seeing it in a new light.  Losing a limb is something that, eventually, I'd adapt to - but the process would definitely be painful.

Situations such as temporary injuries always provide enlightenment.  You take for granted simple things like putting on shoes or brushing teeth or combing hair or steering the car and holding a drink.

I said a lot of prayers during those most painful nights - which also made me reflective.
I begged, I bargained, I questioned.
God did provide momentary relief - but it didn't last long.
Which led me to question why I was suffering through this - I've already had this experience with the other shoulder seven years ago and I don't think I learned anything different.
But apparently God places as little importance on daily exercise as I do.  Because I offered to exercise daily if He would only end the pain.

That's going to be an interesting conversation next time my doctor asks me how often I am exercising!

No comments:

Post a Comment